Healthy Cornwall is committed to supporting the health and well‐being of the population of Cornwall.
Through the delivery of face to face training we aim to increase the skills, knowledge and understanding that underpin and encourage healthier lifestyle choices across the county and beyond.
Whether you want to develop your own understanding or that of your community or organisation, our training team has identified key areas of health promotion and developed relevant training that meets the needs of those who live and work here.
Please click on the links below for more information on individual courses, including dates and appropriate resource costs.
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training:
Please note: that this is a 2 day training.
ASIST teaches verbal First Aid skills to anyone who may come into contact with a person having thoughts of suicide. It gives an introduction to the most widely used Suicide Intervention Model in the world, a model which is applicable in all situations requiring help.
After taking ASIST, you will be better able to:
- Be suicide alert - identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- Understand the reasons behind thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living
- Assess risk and safety - develop a plan to increase the safety of the person at risk of suicide
- Recognise invitations for help
- Recognise potential barriers of seeking help
- Offer support – recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
- Effectively apply a suicide intervention model
- Link people with community resources
Please be aware that there is a fee of £25 for cancellation within 7 days of the start of the course and £50 for anyone who fails to attend or gives less than 24 hours notice
Time: Day 1 - 08.45 - 17.00 / Day 2 - 09.00 - 16.30
Please note: This training is for people who live and/or work in Cornwall only.
Please be aware that due to the sensitive nature of this course, people that have had recent and/or personal experience of suicide may find some aspects upsetting. Therefore we would not recommend that you attend at this time. Please contact us to discuss any queries.
Emails will be sent from an automated email account. Please check your junk folder.
Treverbyn Community Hall