Support my family to eat healthily
Healthy Families Programme
The Healthy Families Programme is aimed at families with children who are above a healthy weight, aged 7-13, and want to make a change to a healthier lifestyle.
The programme is split into ten 1 ½ Hour sessions. During these sessions families take part in enjoyable and interactive activities based around health and nutrition followed by fun, physical activities. Some of the sessions offer a chance for parent topics to be addressed, such as goals and rewards, sleep, fussy eating and role modelling.
The aim of the programme is for the Families to increase their knowledge of leading a healthy lifestyle, whilst also boosting their skills, confidence and self-esteem.
- You and your family will learn about nutrition, food groups, eating a balanced and healthy diet and look at different portion sizes to suit the whole family.
- We will look at how to read food labels, the importance of making healthier food choices and healthy shopping on a budget.
- We will play lots of exciting games and activities together, to encourage your children to become more active.
- We will have a practical cooking session to increase cooking skills and look at cooking healthy family meals on a budget.
- You will have chance to chat to other parents and share experiences, while your kids are enjoying fun activities and making new friends.
- Our main aim of all of our sessions is for everyone to have fun, make friends and enjoy the programme, to help increase confidence and self esteem.
How to take part in the programme
Simply register your interest by filling out our online enquiry form, so that we can contact you once we return to normal service delivery after the Coronavirus outbreak.
The child must be between the ages of 7-13 years old
Parental/Guardian consent is required
Parental/Guardian involvement is essential throughout the duration of the programme
Siblings are invited and encouraged to attend with the whole family
Family must commit to a 10-week programme and be ready to make healthier lifestyle choices