Healthy Weight Adults Programme
The Healthy Weight Adults Programme is our FREE 10-week weight management programme for people aged 18 years and over and are above a healthy weight.
If you are at risk of, or are already living with type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure or other weight related issues, this programme is particularly suitable for you.
Over the 10 weeks, you will:
- Learn about nutrition, eating a balanced and healthy diet and look at suitable portion sizes
- Understand how to read different food labels and the importance of making healthier food choices
- Look at the different body types and how foods and physical activity affects our bodies
- Look at ways to get more active and learn why it is important for your health
- Have the opportunity to take part in gentle exercises, adapted to suit you and your needs
- Take part in some practical cooking to increase cooking skills, inspire you to cook quick and healthy meals from scratch and look at ways to cook on a budget
How to take part in the programme
Simply register your interest by filling out our online enquiry form, or for further information on dates/locations of up and coming programmes head over to our online, interactive map.
It is important that any pre-existing medical conditions are stable, so we ask that you get GP clearance to take part in any exercise, which will be pre-planned and appropriate for your needs.