What We Do
Cornwall Healthy Schools is a health improvement programme designed to support schools to develop an ethos and environment that enhances learning, promotes the health and wellbeing of pupils, and consults and encourages participation of all within the school community.
The Cornwall Healthy Schools programmes specifically seeks to improve the health and wellbeing across the education sector by working with and supporting schools.
Our vision is to support schools across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to raise attainment and achievement by improving health and wellbeing for pupils, staff, parents and carers in the wider school community. We aim to achieve this through working together with school staff and our partners in the council, health service and voluntary sector to offer a coherent approach to effective, evidence-based wellbeing support in the school setting using a 'whole school approach'.
- School specific health and wellbeing support across Emotional Health and Wellbeing, PSHE, Physical Activity and Food
- Health and wellbeing training and workshops for the whole school community (currently under review)
- Raising attainment through our Healthy Schools and Learner Participation Award toolkits
- Providing access to pupil wellbeing questionnaires to inform policy and planning
- Advice, information and guidance to local and national wellbeing programmes and resources for schools
Here at Healthy Schools we want to support your return to school under C19, and have found a number of helpful resources. Head to the PSHE and Emotional Health and Wellbeing pages and read how other schools are adapting their practice.