Harmless - Self Harm Awareness
Self Harm Awareness: Children and Young People
This free, half-day training session is suitable for parent/carers, those working with children and young people, and/or anyone wanting to learn more about self harm in the context of young people.
Throughout the session you'll learn the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand self harm in the context of children and young people
- Identify the risk factors that can lead a young person to self harm
- Recognise the stigma surrounding self harm and the impact this can have
- Understand the wider impact self harm has on friends and family, with focus on parents/carers
- Raise confidence in responding to, and supporting, a young person who self harms
- Develop evidence-based strategies to support a young person who self harms
- Establish how to maintain your own self-care and wellbeing through supporting a young person who self harms
- Identify additional support services to support a young person
- Understand the importance of recovery
Please be aware that due to the sensitive nature of this course, people that have had recent and/or personal experience of self harm may find some aspects upsetting. Therefore we would not recommend that you attend at this time. Please contact us to discuss any queries.
Time: 4 hours
This session can be delivered in both a physical or digital classroom.
Please note: There is no physical/hard copy workbook. Any workbooks or documents provided for this course will be in electronic format.
Book your place using the form below:
(Please note: Emails will be sent from an automated email account. Please check your 'junk' folder)