Diabetes and You
Diabetes and You is a free online course for people newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The course is delivered with your local GP practice and led by trained diabetes educators who will make you feel very welcome. The course is delivered over 3 x 90-minute sessions (1 session each week) via Microsoft Teams.
These sessions can help you to:
• understand more about type 2 diabetes
• learn about things you can do to look after yourself and stay healthy
• meet other people like you, recently diagnosed with diabetes
• sessions are informal, friendly, and non-judgemental. You can share your experiences and ask questions if you would like to.
You will meet other people with diabetes, and you are welcome to bring your partner, friend, or family member with you for support. Sessions are for up to 20 people.
Upcoming course start dates:
- Tuesday 12th April, 6.00 - 7.30pm
- Thursday 5th May, 12.00 - 1.30pm
If you are interested in joining a Diabetes and You course, please complete the Healthy Cornwall enquiry form and someone from Healthy Cornwall will be in touch with you.