The amount of alcohol we drink can slowly creep up without us really noticing. It might start out as one a night while you're watching the sport on TV, just one to unwind at the end of the day, and then beers out with mates at the weekend.
In fact, did you know that drinking even one beer a night is one too many? That's because our body should have 48 hours off after any drink, to allow it to recover.
If you're not sure how much you're drinking or need some help to cut down, check out the following apps and tools:
Alcohol quiz and unit calculator
Check how healthy your drinking is with this quick quiz from Alcohol Change. And if you’re not sure how much you're drinking in units, then find out using their helpful unit calculator.
Access the alcohol quiz and calculator
Try Dry App
You can now download Try Dry app for free to help you drink more healthily.
The app is designed to help you meet your goals, whether you want to take on a challenge such as Dry January (or another dry challenge), cut down on your drinking, or go totally alcohol-free.
The app can help you:
- Track your units, calories and money saved when you cut down or cut out alcohol
- Understand your drinking pattern and track your progress by using the 'My charts' feature to see how much money you spend, units you drink and calories you consume over a time period
- Get the full picture with the Units calendar overview
- Monitor your wellbeing with sleep, energy levels, mood and craving intensity trackers
- Use the 'Notes' section to record your thoughts, feelings, daily reflections, events or learning
- Use the health quiz to check up on your drinking
- Keep track of your current and best ever dry streaks
- Find extra free tools, tips and resources in the 'More' section
Find out more and download the Try Dry App today
Withyou online tools
The team at withyou have put together a brilliant selection of helpful tools when it comes to alcohol and the health effects it can have. Including an alcohol toolkit to track drinks and take control of your habits, a pro’s and con’s tool for drinking, stress relief exercises and an over-50s alcohol health check.
Check out the fantastic online resources available at withyou